2. Cut carrot, cucumber, avocado and capsicum into thin sticks. Once rice is cooked, place into a large shallow dish or bowl. Fluff with a fork, stir through 100ml sushi seasoning. Allow to cool enough to handle.
3. Rub chicken schnitzels with 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Heat a frypan over high heat, cook schnitzels (in batches) for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside on a chopping board and slice into strips once slightly cooled.
4. Lay 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, across bamboo mat (see notes). Wet fingers, spread a thin layer of rice across sheet, leaving a strip on the far side uncovered. Lay chicken and vegetables across rice, from one side to the other.
5. Starting with the edge closest to you, pick up the mat and roll forward. Press gently, wrap nori around rice and filling. Repeat with remaining rolls, cut into 3cm slices.
6. Serve sushi rolls with soy sauce for dipping and any leftovers served on the side with sprouts.
Did you know you can easily make sushi rolls using baking paper instead of a bamboo mat (if you don't have one)? Check out our ‘tip of the week’ video on Facebook or Instagram on how to make a great sushi roll!
Assemble ingredients as a rice bowl with nori crumbed on top as an alternative to sushi rolls.
sushi rice 400g
continental cucumber 1/2
red capsicum 1
sushi seasoning 100ml
chicken schnitzels 600g
nori sheets 1 packet
snow pea sprouts 1 punnet
From your pantry: sesame oil, soy sauce, (bamboo mat or baking paper)