Cut sweet potatoes into wedges or chips.
Toss with oil, salt and pepper on a lined oven tray. Roast for 18-20 minutes or until golden and tender.
2. Thinly slice onion and place in a small bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, salt and pepper (see below). Combine well, set aside.
*Alternatively roast or barbecue the onion if preferred.
3. Place quinoa flakes on a plate or piece of baking paper. Combine chicken mince with 1 tbsp chopped thyme, salt and pepper. Form into 8-10 patties using 1/4 cup measurement and oiled hands. Coat in crumbs.
4. Heat a large frypan with oil (or you can cook on a barbecue hot plate). Add chicken patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each aside or until cooked through.
5. Combine garlic aioli mayonnaise with 1/2-1 tsp curry powder (use to taste, see notes). Separate lettuce leaves and slice tomatoes.
Slice the bread (toast if preferred) and take all to the table.
6. Take chicken and sweet potatoes to the table and let everyone assemble their own
burger with bread, chicken patty, fresh salad vegetables, pickled onion and curry mayonnaise and a side of sweet potato wedges
Red Onion ½ *
Quinoa Flakes 1 Packet (80g)
Chicken Mince 600g
Thyme 1/3 Packet *
Garlic Aioli Mayonnaise 2 X 50g
Baby Cos Lettuce 1*
Wholemeal Sandwich Loaf 1
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
Oil, Olive Oil, Red Or White Wine Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, Sugar (Or Honey), Curry Powder