Gluten friendly option - panko crumbs are replaced with GF cornflakes.
Place potatoes into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain and return to saucepan (step 5).
2. Whisk 1 egg. Spread panko crumbs onto a plate and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large frypan with oil/butter over medium heat. Place schnitzels into egg wash, press into crumbs and then place straight into pan. Cook until golden on both sides.
3. Place schnitzels on a lined oven tray, spoon over sugo and top with grated cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp picked thyme leaves. Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
4. Trim and halve snow peas, slice pear. Arrange in a serving bowl with leaves (see notes).
5. Chop parsley and any remaining thyme. Add to drained potatoes along with 1-2 tbsp butter or olive oil. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve chicken parmy with herby potatoes and side salad.
Dress the side salad with olive oil and vinegar of choice if you prefer!
Gluten friendly option - panko crumbs are replaced with GF cornflakes. Crush to use.
Free-range Egg 1
Panko crumbs 1 packet (100g)
Chicken schnitzels 600g
Tomato sugo 1 jar (350g)
Cheddar cheese 1/2 block (75g) *
thyme 1/3 packet *
Snow peas 1/3 bag *
Mesclun leaves 1/2 bag (100g) *
Parsley 1/3 bunch *
From your pantry:
olive oil / butter, oil for cooking, salt, pepper