2. Dip eggplant into egg wash, coat in almond meal and place on a lined baking tray. Roast for 25 minutes (turning once halfway), or until golden.
3. Dice cucumber, tomato and avocado. Slice basil leaves. Toss in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil.
4. Season chicken with 1 tsp dried oregano, salt and pepper. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove pan from heat.
5. Slice baguettes halfway down and open out (see notes). Fill with chicken and spoon over tomato sugo. Grate over parmesan cheese and place on a tray. Bake for 5 minutes, or until golden.
6. Top toasted baguettes with salsa and serve with eggplant rounds. Serve any leftover sugo with the eggplant.
Slice the baguettes lengthways on top of the bun, keeping the bottom intact so it can sit upright.
If you only have one tray, remove eggplant rounds and use that tray for the sub. Otherwise you can toast the subs while the eggplant is cooking.
Gluten free option - replace with gluten free rolls
dried oregano 1tsp
almond meal 70g
lebanese cucumber 1
roma tomato 1
basil 1 packet
red wine vinegar 1tbsp
chicken tenderloins 600g
sub rolls 4
Tomato sugo 1 jar
parmesan cheese 40g
From your pantry: oil, salt & pepper