2. Combine 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1/4 cup soy sauce and 3 tbsp oil in a bowl. Add crushed garlic cloves.
3. Slice spring onions into 3cm lengths. Trim and halve sugar snap peas. Slice carrot into crescents. Slice chilli and coriander. Wedge lemon. Keep separate.
4. Heat a frypan (or wok) over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken to cook for 5-6 minutes, or until browned.
5. Toss spring onions, sugar snap peas and carrot along with noodles and sauce into frypan. Cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables tender and noodles are well coated. Toss through bean shoots. Season well with pepper.
6. Divide noodles between plates. Garnish with sliced chilli and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.
If you need to loosen your noodles before adding to the stir fry, rinse them under running water.
garlic 2 cloves
spring onions 1/3 bunch
Sugar snap peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
Red chilli 1
Coriander 1 packet
chicken mince 600g
Bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), pepper, soy sauce (or tamari), sugar (of choice), tomato paste, rice wine vinegar