2. Heat a large pan with oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 6-8 minutes, or until browned. Set aside on a plate and reserve pan.
3. Prepare vegetables, keep separate.
4. Dice and add onion, crushed garlic and chopped coriander stems to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and 1 cup of water. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season to taste.
5. Toss cabbage with vinegar and oil, season with salt.
6. Blend molé sauce using a stick mixer. Return chicken and simmer in the sauce for further 5 minutes.
7. Serve mole with rice and cabbage. Top with reserved coriander leaves, peanuts and lime zest and juice to taste.
1 tbsp oil, for cooking
600g diced chicken thigh fillets
2 garlic cloves
1/2 bunch coriander (reserve leaves)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 bunch english spinach, trimmed
35g dark chocolate
1/2 bag red cabbage
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
40g roasted peanuts, chopped
1 kaffir lime
salt and pepper, for seasoning