2. Slash then toss chicken marylands with marinade in the baking dish. Roast, skin side down, in the middle of the oven, for 10 minutes, then turn and roast for further 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Place rice in a saucepan and pour over plenty of hot water (from the kettle). Cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse.
4. Trim and halve sugar snaps, shred wombok and slice chives. Crush garlic and grate ginger to yield 1 tbsp.
5. Heat a large pan or wok with 1 tbsp oil over high heat. Add prepared vegetables, ginger and garlic and stir-fry with 1 tbsp soy sauce for 3 minutes.
6. Serve chicken marylands with rice, stir-fried vegetables and wedges of lime. Pour over pan sauces to taste.
Use a neutral oil or coconut oil for best results.
Slashing the chicken reduces the cooking time.
soy sauce 1/4 cup
brown sugar 1/4 cup
coconut milk 165ml
chicken marylands 4-pack
mixed rice 300g
sugar snaps 1/2 punnet (125g)
baby wombok 1/2
chives 1/3 bunch
garlic 2 cloves
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper