2. Wedge tomato and crush lime leaves, add to pan as you go. Halve chicken breasts lengthways and add to pan.
3. Pour in coconut milk, 2 1/2 cups water. Add crumbled stock cube, 2 tbsp fish sauce and 1 1/2 tbsp sugar. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Bring a full kettle of water to boil. Trim and slice snow peas, slice capsicum. Roughly chop coriander leaves. Remove chicken from broth and shred using two forks.
5. Drain noodles from the packet. Place in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 1 minute, then drain.
6. Season laksa broth to taste with fish sauce and sugar if needed. Ladle over noodles, top with chicken and fresh garnishes to serve.
We used coconut oil and palm sugar for this dish for a more aromatic flavour.
Serve with spare lime if you have some.
coriander 1/2 bunch
Kaffir lime leaves 2 x double
Chicken breast fillets 600g
Coconut milk 400ml
Snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
Red capsicum 1
Konjac noodles 2 packets (2x 250g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), ground turmeric, ground cumin, fish sauce, stock cube (of choice), sugar (of choice), garlic (2 cloves)