2. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat with sesame oil and cook chicken schnitzels for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through (see notes). Set aside on a chopping board to cool. Keep pan over medium heat.
3. Add coleslaw mix to pan with more oil if needed. Slice spring onions (see notes), grate ginger to yield roughly 1 tbsp and crush garlic, add to the pan as you go. Keep cooking, stirring occasionally until softened.
4. Slice chicken schnitzels.
5. Add 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 3 tbsp soy sauce to pan and combine well. Stir through cooked rice.
6. Place sliced chicken on top and finish with cashew nuts and spring onion tops (optional). Serve at the table.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up 1.5 x water.
Add 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce to chicken at the end of the cooking time for extra flavour.
Keep spring onion tops for garnish.
chicken schnitzels 500g
coleslaw mix 1 bag (400g)
spring onions 1/2 bunch
garlic 2 cloves
cashew nuts 60g
From your pantry:
sesame oil, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce