2. Heat a large frypan with oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken mince and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon (see notes).
3. Slice spring onions and celery. Grate or dice carrot and zucchini, chop capsicum. Add to the pan as you go and cook for further 5 minutes, or until softened.
4. Stir in tomato sugo, 1/2 jar water and thyme leaves. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add drained pasta to pan, toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve at the table, sprinkled with chopped parsley (see notes).
If you would like to fully hide the vegetables for the kids in this dish, remove chicken mince from pan when cooking the vegetables and blend with a stick a mixer (step 4) until sauce is smooth. Return the chicken and season to taste.
Grate over some parmesan if you like!
Gluten friendly option - pasta is replaced with GF pasta
Chicken mince, 600g
Spring onions, 1/2 bunch *
Celery, 1 stick
Zucchini, 1/2 *
Red capsicum, 1/2 *
Tomato sugo, 1 jar (500g)
Thyme, 1/4 packet *
Parsley, 1/2 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper