2. Slice spring onions (reserve some tops for garnish if you desire), dice carrots and chop green beans.
3. Add vegetables to pan and cook for further 2 minutes. Stir in spice and cashew mix, cook briefly.
4. Add rice, stir to coat then pour in 2 cups water. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed (add more water if needed).
5. Quarter tomatoes, slice capsicum and cut cucumber into sticks. Cut lemon into wedges.
6. Serve chicken biryani topped with fresh vegetables, reserved spring onion tops (optional) and a lemon wedge on the side.
spring onions 1/4 bunch
green beans 1/2 punnet
royal festival biryani 1 packet
water 2 cups
cherry tomatoes 1/2 punnet
yellow capsicum 1
continental cucumber 1/2
From the pantry: olive oil, salt & pepper.