2. Combine 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar, crushed garlic and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken to coat. Set aside.
3. Roughly chop wombok, slice mushrooms and capsicum. Trim and halve snow peas. Peel and grate ginger. Keep separate.
4. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add ginger and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add remaining vegetables and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season with soy sauce and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Wipe out pan and add 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken (reserve marinade) and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned. Pour in marinade and 1 cup water. Simmer for a further 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Season with pepper.
6. Divide rice, chicken and vegetables between bowls. Garnish with chopped coriander and chilli.
When adding sugar to dishes, coconut sugar or raw cane sugar may be better options as they are less refined and contain some important minerals.
Diced Chicken thigh fillets 600g
Baby Wombok cabbage 1/2
Red capsicum 1
Snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
coriander 1/3 bunch
Red chilli 1
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), red wine vinegar, soy sauce (or tamari), sugar (of choice), pepper, garlic (1 clove)