2. Cut dried mushrooms into smaller pieces using scissors. Place in a small bowl and cover with 1/2 cup hot water from the kettle.
3. Heat a large frypan with butter/oil over medium-high heat. Add fresh mushrooms to cook. Slice and add spring onions (see notes) and thyme leaves as you go. Cook until softened.
4. Toss in chicken and add stock paste and soaked mushrooms. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add rice and combine well. Stir in cheese to melt and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
6. Serve risotto in bowls topped with rocket leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste (see notes).
Use the whole spring onion, both the white and green part! To quickly remove thyme leaves - place your fingers at the bottom of the stem, hold upside down and firmly slide the leaves down.
Finish with a drizzle of truffle oil if you have!
Dried mushrooms, 1 packet (15g)
Sliced mushrooms, 1 punnet (200g)
Spring onions, 2/3 bunch *
Thyme, 1/2 packet *
Pre-cooked chicken, 1 packet (250g)
Chicken stock paste, 1 jar (45g)
Grated cheddar cheese, 1/2 packet (100g) *
Rocket leaves, 1 bag (60g)
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil/butter for cooking, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar