2. Halve each eggplant down the middle, lengthways. Slice diagonal cuts deep into the cut side of flesh. Repeat in opposite direction to make a diamond pattern. Toss with 1 tbsp oil, place face-down in a baking dish. Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse and thinly slice spinach. Combine crushed garlic, crushed tomatoes and 1 tsp oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Turn eggplants face-up, scatter over spinach and pour over tomato sauce. Crumble cheese on top. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
5. Slice capsicum, ribbon (or grate) carrot. Toss with mesclun leaves, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
6. Divide wedges, baked parmigiana and salad between plates to serve.
You can also scatter over 2 tbsp of any leftover lupin flakes to make a crust on the cheesy eggplants.
Baby eggplants 3
English spinach 1/2 bunch
garlic 1 clove
crushed tomatoes 400g
cheddar cheese 1 block (150g)
Red capsicum 1
Mesclun leaves 1/2 bag (100g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, dried oregano, red wine vinegar