2. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Rub lamb steaks with oil, salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate to rest, keep pan over medium heat.
3. Cut onion into thin wedges, chop tomatoes and capsicum. Add to the pan as you go, cook until softened.
4. Stir in sauce and 1 jar water, simmer semi-covered for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
5. In the meantime, slice steaks and return to the curry (alternatively serve on the side). Take off heat and stir through yoghurt to taste (see notes).
6. Dice cucumber and chop chives. Serve curry over rice, top with cucumber, chives and a dollop of yoghurt.
Add 1 tsp ground turmeric to the rice for a beautiful yellow colour! Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
We used 100g yoghurt in the curry and reserved remaining for serving.
No lamb option - lamb steaks are replaced with chicken breast fillets. Cook whole for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, alternatively slice beforehand for shorter cooking time.
Lamb steaks, 600g
Red onion, 1
Green capsicum, 1
Lamb biryani simmer sauce, 1 jar (240ml)
Natural yoghurt, 1 tub
Continental cucumber, 1/2 *
Chives, 1/3 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper