2. Prepare vegetables and dice tempeh, keep separate. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
3. Heat a large wok or pan with oil over medium-high heat. Toss onion and garlic into pan. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add tempeh and remaining vegetables (reserve half of the bean shoots for serving). Stir fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add noodles and sauce to pan, toss to combine and heat through. Season to taste with extra soy sauce.
6. Serve noodles topped with remaining bean shoots.
1/2 red onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 red capsicum, sliced
1 bunch gai lan, 5cm pieces
1 bunch garlic chives, 5cm pieces
250g bean shoots
2 packets seasoned tempeh
4-5 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ground pepper
2 tsp sambal oelek or chilli paste
2 tbsp oil, for cooking