2. Heat frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Slice leek and add to pan as you go. Cook for 3-4 minutes until just softened.
3. Add drained chickpeas, crushed garlic cloves, 1 tbsp garam masala and 3 tsp cumin to pan. Stir through chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced. Lightly crush chickpeas with fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Take off heat.
4. Roughly chop coriander. Blend with almond meal, lemon juice and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Season well with salt and pepper.
5. Dice cucumber and capsicum. Julienne or grate purple carrots.
6. Divide rice among bowls. Top with masala chickpeas and fresh toppings. Serve with a dollop of coriander cream.
Leek 1/2 *
Chickpeas 2 X 400g
Garlic 2 Cloves
Chopped Tomatoes 400g
Coriander 1/2 Bunch *
Almond Meal 1 Packet (50g)
Lemon 1/2 *
Continental Cucumber 1/2 *
Red Capsicum 1
Purple Carrots 2
* Ingredient Also Used In Another Recipe
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, garam masala, ground cumin