2. Heat a large frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add cevapcici and cook for 7-8 minutes, turning until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate, keep pan over heat.
3. Slice and add onion and 2 tbsp oil to pan. Cook for 4 minutes, or until softened. Dice and add 1 tomato, cook for a further 2 minutes then add 1 tbsp flour and 2 tsp soy sauce. Stir well and pour in 1 - 1 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp mustard. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until reduced.
4. Finely chop rosemary. Drain potatoes and place on a lined oven tray. Flatten using the base of a mug, then top with rosemary and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
5. Rinse and wedge lettuce, dice remaining tomatoes and julienne or cut carrots into thin sticks. Arrange on a plate.
6. Serve cevapcici skewers with sauce, potatoes and salad.
Thread cevapcici onto skewers for a serving idea that works well for kids!
Cevapcici, potatoes (after boiling), onion and tomatoes can be cooked on the barbecue. In that case, serve with sauce of choice. Have a look on our Facebook page for a great recipe on homemade tomato sauce!
cevapcici 1 packet
brown onion 1
tomatoes 1 + 2
rosemary 1 sprig
baby cos lettuce 1
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, flour, dijon mustard, soy sauce