2. Chop capsicum, cut broccoli into small florets and carrot into thin rounds. Peel and slice onion. Dice cucumber and radishes. Toss in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Whisk to combine 1/2 tbsp cornflour, 1/2 cup water, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp sugar and crushed garlic for the sauce, set aside.
4. Roughy chop cashew nuts. Heat a frypan with 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add nuts and cook until golden. Remove from pan, leaving oil behind. Add onion, cook for 3 minutes, add chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add remaining prepared vegetables, cook for 2 minutes then stir in sauce and return cashew nuts. Toss well for 2 minutes until coated and season with pepper to taste.
6. Serve cashew chicken over rice with a side of fresh cucumber and radish salad.
Use sesame, coconut or a neutral oil for cooking.
red capsicum 1
brown onion 1
continental cucumber 1
radishes 1/3 bunch
garlic 2 cloves
cashew nuts 80g
diced chicken thigh fillets 600g
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, white or rice wine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, cornflour