2. Dice celery and zucchini. Slice leek and capsicum. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dust with 3 tbsp flour.
3. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Add chicken and flour. Cook (in batches if needed) for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove to a plate (leave excess flour in pan).
4. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan. Add vegetables to pan with crumbled stock cube, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp cumin and 2 tsp oregano. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
5. Return chicken to pan, pour in 3 cups water. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide rice and chicken gumbo between shallow bowls and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt if desired.
You will need to reserve 1 1/2 cups for the pizza recipe. You can use tapioca or corn flour as a gluten-free alternative.
celery 2 sticks
Leek 1/2 *
yellow capsicum 1/2
Green capsicum 1
Diced chicken breast 600g
parsley 1/2 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, flour (of choice), ground paprika, ground cumin, dried oregano, stock cube (of choice)