2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Trim and cut broccoli into florets. Blanch in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove, reserving the boiling water, and set aside in a bowl, dress with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions, or until al dente.
4. Heat the reserved frypan over medium heat and add 60g butter (see notes).
Slice spring onions, mushrooms and sage leaves. Add to the pan as you go along with crushed garlic and rinsed capers. Add 2 tsp mustard and continue to cook until softened.
5. Drain and add the pasta straight into the sauce. Warm through and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Halve pork steaks and serve alongside pasta and broccoli.
Add 1 tsp dried oregano or Italian herbs to the pork steaks for more flavour. Alternatively if you have fresh herbs in your garden you can chop and add up to 1 tbsp.
If you prefer not to use butter for the sauce, you can substitute with 1/4 cup olive oil instead. Adjust flavour to taste.
No pork option - pork steaks are replaced with chicken schnitzels.
Gluten friendly option - pasta is replaced with GF pasta
TAGLIATELLE PASTA, 1 packet (250g)
SPRING ONIONS, 1/2 bunch *
MUSHROOMS, 150 g
SAGE, 1 packet
GARLIC, 2 cloves
CAPERS, 1/2 jar *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
butter (60g) + oil (for cooking), olive oil, salt, pepper, dijon mustard