2. Combine 1/4 cup yoghurt and butter chicken paste, rub all over chicken on a lined baking tray (see notes). Roast for 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Heat a saucepan with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Peel and grate ginger, slice spring onions and dice carrot. Add to pan as you go. Stir in 1 tsp ground turmeric and 2 tsp ground coriander. Cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
4. Add rice, sultanas, 3 cups of water and 1/2 tsp salt to saucepan. Cover with lid, cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, stand for 5 minutes.
5. Dice tomatoes, slice snow peas and chop coriander. Combine with remaining yoghurt.
6. Serve chicken with rice and side of raita.
Tip! Cooking time may vary with the size of the chicken.
If you have excess marinade use it to baste chicken halfway through cooking time.
natural yoghurt 1 tub
butter chicken paste 1/2 jar
spring onions 1/3 bunch
ground turmeric 1tsp
ground coriander 2tsp
basmati rice 300g
sultanas 1 packet
snow peas 1/2 punnet
coriander 1/2 bunch
Fron your pantry: oil & salt