2. Heat an ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken skin-side down for 5 minutes. Slice onion, add to pan as you go along with 1 tsp fennel seeds. Turn chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and remove pan from heat.
3. Roughly chop tomatoes and halve artichokes. Add to pan along with quinoa, crumbled stock cube, boiling water and 2 tbsp vinegar.
4. Return chicken to pan, skin-side up. Cover with foil and roast in oven for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and quinoa is tender.
5. Rinse and roughly chop kale. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add kale and crushed garlic clove. Cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes, or until just wilted.
6. Divide chicken, quinoa and kale between shallow bowls. Garnish with sliced basil leaves to serve.
If you don’t have an ovenproof frypan you can transfer all the ingredients to an oven dish instead.
Brown onion 1/2
White Quinoa 1 packet (150g)
Kale 1/2 bunch
basil 1 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, stock cube of choice (1), ground paprika, fennel seeds, apple cider vinegar, garlic (1 clove)