2. Cut broccoli into small florets. Slice onion, capsicum and carrots (into crescents). Trim and halve beans. Chop or crush garlic.
3. Add 1 tsp Chinese five spice, salt and pepper to beef mince. Use hands to mix and combine. Shape into even size meatballs (roughly 20).
4. Heat frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil (see notes). Add vegetables and garlic. Cook tossing for 4-5 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm.
5. Add meatballs to pan (add more oil if needed). Cook for 6-8 minutes turning.
Whisk sauce again to remove any lumps. Pour into pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
6. Divide stir fry among shallow bowls. Top with meatballs and sauce. Roughly chop and scatter over cashews.
Use peanut or sesame oil to cook the stir fry for added flavour. Serve with rice to stretch the dish out for lunch the next day.
No beef option - beef mince is replaced with chicken stir fry strips. Coat chicken with five spice. Cook in pan as per step 5.
Red onion, 1/2 *
Red capsicum, 1
Green beans, 1/2 bag (125g) *
Garlic, 2 cloves
Beef mince, 600g
Cashews, 1 packet (50g)
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, black pepper, Chinese five spice, cornflour, red wine (or rice wine) vinegar, stock cube (1)