2. Heat frypan over medium-high heat with 1/3 cup olive oil. Slice capsicums, add to pan as you go along with 1/2 tsp fennel seeds and 1/2 cup water. Cook for 5 minutes until softened and reduced.
3. Meanwhile, dice pumpkin into 2cm pieces. Add to pan as you go along with 1/4 tsp chilli flakes. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until pumpkin is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Whisk together 2 tbsp vinegar and 3 tbsp olive oil. Toss through pasta along with capsicum, pumpkin and spinach and rocket leaves.
5. Divide pasta among bowls. Garnish with hemp parmesan to taste.
We find it’s better to cook the spaghetti for slightly less time than on the packet instructions as it will continue cooking when tossed with the vegetables. This will prevent the noodles from breaking apart.
Red capsicum 1
Yellow capsicum 1
Butternut pumpkin 1/2 *
Spinach & rocket leaves 1 bag (120g)
Hemp parmesan to taste *
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
Olive oil, salt, pepper, fennel seeds, red wine vinegar, chilli flakes