2. Shred cabbage and slice capsicum. Dice tomatoes. Slice spring onions (set half aside) . Add to bowl with corn.
3. Mash avocado with 1/4 cup coleslaw dressing in a small bowl. Toss remaining coleslaw dressing (to taste) into coleslaw until well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in fridge until serving
4. Place remaining spring onions in a bowl with drained black beans and quinoa flakes. Add 1 tbsp ground coriander, 2 tsp turmeric, 2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Use your hands to scrunch the mixture until well combined. Shape into 8 even-sized patties.
5. Reheat frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Cook patties (in batches) for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and warmed through.
6. Divide burgers between plates. Serve with coleslaw and avocado sauce.
You can be creative with the spices you put in the black bean burgers - ground cumin or ground chilli will add extra flavour!
Baby wombok cabbage 1/2
Green capsicum 1
Spring onions 1/4 bunch
Coleslaw dressing 1 bottle (250ml)
Black beans 2 x 400g
Quinoa flakes 1 packet (150g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground coriander, ground turmeric