2. Grate ginger to yield 1 tbsp, combine with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin, 1 crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper (see notes). Add chicken, coat well and set aside.
3. Heat a large frypan with 1-2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Slice spring onions and peppers, place into pan as you go. Add 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp turmeric along with cashew nut and currant mix. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Fluff the rice with a fork and add to frypan along with 1/4 cup water. Toss to combine and heat through, season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Thread chicken onto skewers (optional). Heat a large griddle or frypan with 2 tbsp oil and cook skewers for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
6. Slice snow peas and cut lemon into wedges. Serve chicken skewers with biryani rice topped with snow peas and a lemon wedge on the side.
Add 1 tsp turmeric to the chicken for extra flavour.
Barbecue the chicken if preferred.
garlic 2 cloves
sliced chicken breast fillets 600g
spring onions 1/2 bunch
roasted peppers 1/2 jar
currants + cashew nut mix 1 packet (60g)
snow peas 1/2 punnet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, chicken stock cube, ground cumin, turmeric, skewers (optional)