Gluten-friendly option: buns are replaced with gluten free rolls
2. Slice onion, add to pan with 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Drain pineapple, add to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until charred. Remove to a plate and reserve pan.
3. Coat burgers with 1 tbsp oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side on medium-high heat, or until cooked through.
4. Toss coleslaw with 1 tbsp vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil. Slice tomato, rinse and tear lettuce.
5. Heat 2 tbsp milk and 1 tsp paprika in a small pan over low heat and crumble in cheese. Whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Add more milk to loosen if needed.
6. Assemble burgers with tomato chutney, beef patty, cheese sauce, pineapple, onions and salad. Serve with a side of slaw.
Use two frypans to cook the onion/pineapple and burger patties to save time.
Flip the pineapple once to encourage caramelisation.
Gluten-friendly option: buns are replaced with GF rolls
potato buns 6-pack
red onion 1/2
pineapple rings 1 tin (225g)
beef burger patties 6-pack
coleslaw 1 bag (400g)
baby cos lettuce 1
cheddar cheese 1/2 block (75g)
tomato chutney 1/2 jar (130g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), butter, smoked paprika, milk, red wine vinegar