2. Slice onion and chilli. Grate ginger and chop (or crush) garlic. Set aside.
3. Toss to coat chicken with cornflour, salt and pepper. Heat a large wok (or pan) with oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes, or until golden. Remove and reserve pan.
4. Slice mushrooms, trim and separate enokis (long thin mushrooms) and cut gai lan into 5cm lengths.
5. Keep pan over medium heat, add sesame oil, onion, chilli, ginger and garlic to wok. Cook for 1-2 minutes then return chicken and add mushrooms (not enokis) and gai lan. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
6. Halve and add tomatoes, soy sauce, enoki mushrooms and 1/4 cup water. Cook for 1-2 minutes until slightly reduced. Serve over red rice.
Deseed chilli for less heat, if desired
1 red chilli
1 1/2 tbsp ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves
600g diced chicken thigh fillets
1/3 cup cornflour
2 tbsp oil, for cooking
1 punnet mixed asian mushrooms
1 bunch gai lan (rinsed)
1 tbsp sesame oil, for cooking
1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup soy sauce