2. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Dice and add onion. Peel, dice and add beetroots and potatoes. Add 1 tbsp cumin seeds and 2 crumbled stock cubes, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in 1L water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Line an oven tray with baking paper and drizzle with oil (to prevent sticking). Pour chickpea batter onto tray and spread with spatula (20cm wide). Drizzle over olive oil. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp around the edges.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Chop and add walnuts, stir in 2 tsp oil, 1 tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt. Cook until toasty. set aside on a lined plate (to prevent sticking) to cool.
5. Blend the soup until smooth using a stick mixer or blender. Stir in 1 tbsp vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Slice snow peas, break up feta, chop parsley and slice chilli.
6. Divide the soup among bowls. Garnish with even amounts of toppings and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with flatbread.
The batter should be thickened before you pour onto the lined tray. You can also add other spices such as fennel seeds and garlic flakes on top before baking.
Brown onion, 1
Walnuts, 1/3 packet (50g) *
Snow peas, 1/2 bag (125g) *
Nut feta, 1/2 tub *
Parsley, 1/2 bunch *
Red chilli, 1
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, cumin seeds, sugar (of choice), stock cubes (2), red wine vinegar