2. Heat a large frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Slice remaining spring onions and crush garlic, add to pan with beef mince. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until browned.
3. Add spice mixture and 1 tsp salt to the beef mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes then stir in crushed tomatoes and 1/2 tin water. Simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until slightly reduced.
4. Finely shred lettuce and remove kernels from corn cob. Toss in a bowl and place on the table for serving.
5. Warm taco shells in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Roughly grate cheese.
Drain and add beans to the beef mixture, add some water if required and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Assemble tacos at the table with beef mixture, tomato salsa, fresh salad and cheese!
Kids might appreciate if the salad ingredients are kept separate instead and the corn grilled in slices, so serve this dish according to family preference!
Serve with yoghurt or sour cream if you have some!
coriander 1/2 packet
spring onions 1/2 bunch
garlic 2 cloves
beef mince 400g
mexican spice mix 30g
crushed tomatoes 400g
baby cos lettuce 1
corn cob 1
taco shells 1 packet
cheddar cheese 1 block (150g)
kidney beans 400g
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper