2. Heat a large, deep pan with oil over high heat, add beef strips and cook for 2 minutes or until browned (see notes). Set aside, keep pan over medium heat.
3. Add more oil to pan. Slice onion and add to the pan with mushrooms. Grate (or dice) zucchini, add to pan with crushed garlic and thyme leaves (see notes).
4. Stir in 2 tsp mustard, tomato paste, 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce, sour cream and 1 tub water. Stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Toss in beef and pasta to pan and combine well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve stroganoff with a side of leaves. Top with any leftover thyme.
Use the kettle to bring water to the boil quicker.
Make sure pan is very hot before adding beef strips. Allow to brown before turning / stirring.
To quickly remove thyme leaves - place your fingers at the bottom of the stem, hold upside down and firmly slide the leaves down. Use thyme to taste.
beef strips 450g
brown onion 1/2
sliced mushrooms 1 punnet (200g)
garlic 2 cloves
thyme 1/2 packet
tomato paste 1 sachet (2 tbsp)
sour cream 1 tub (200g)
baby beet & leaves 1/2 bag (90g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard