2. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter. Quarter sprouts and add to pan along with 1 crushed garlic clove. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to keep warm.
3. Heat a large frypan over high heat. Rub beef strips with oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove to a plate to rest.
4. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan. Slice and add leek. Quarter and add mushrooms. Add 1 tsp dried thyme, 2 tsp paprika and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Cook for 6-8 minutes until leek is soft and mushrooms golden.
5. Return beef and resting juices to pan. Stir through spinach until wilted. Take off heat, stir through yoghurt and 1/4 cup water. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide rice and stroganoff among shallow bowls. Serve with brussels sprouts.
If your leek is sandy, slice and rinse in a colander or sieve before adding to the pan.
The heat is turned off before adding the yoghurt to prevent it from splitting.
No beef option - beef strips are replaced with chicken stir fry strips. Increase cooking time to 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
Brussels sprouts, 300g
Beef strips, 600g
Mushrooms, 1 punnet (200g)
Baby spinach, 1/2 bag (100g) *
Natural yoghurt, 1 tub (200g)
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil + butter (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground paprika, soy sauce (or tamari), garlic (1 clove), dried thyme