2. Chop wombok, cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes. Toss in a serving bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tbsp vinegar.
3. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or to your liking. Set aside on a plate to rest. Keep pan over medium heat (step 4).
4. Slice onion, grate zucchini and add to pan with more oil (if needed). Add sliced mushrooms and thyme leaves, cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add 2 tsp mustard, tomato paste and 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce. Cook briefly then stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup water. Simmer for further 5 minutes.
6. Slice and add steaks to stroganoff, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve over rice with side salad (see notes).
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up 1.5 x water.
If you have any parsley leftover from this week’s recipes, sprinkle some on top of the stroganoff to serve.
No beef option - beef steaks are replaced with chicken strips. No need to remove from frypan at step 3, just add the vegetables into the same pan.
Baby wombok, 1/2 *
Lebanese cucumber, 1
Red capsicum, 1/2 *
Beef rump steaks, 600g
Brown onion, 1
Zucchini, 1/2 *
Sliced mushrooms, 1 punnet (200g)
Thyme, 1/4 packet *
Tomato paste, 1 sachet
Sour cream, 1/2 tub (100g) *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar