2. Chop wombok, cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes. Toss in a serving bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tbsp vinegar.
3. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or to your liking. Set aside on a plate to rest. Keep pan over medium heat.
4. Slice onion, grate zucchini and add to pan with more oil (if needed). Cook for 2-3 minutes then add mushrooms, crushed garlic and 1 tbsp thyme leaves. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
5. Add 2 tsp mustard, 2 tbsp tomato paste and 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce. Cook briefly then stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup water. Simmer for a further 5 minutes. Slice and add steaks.
6. Season stroganoff to taste with salt and pepper, top with chopped cornichons.
Serve over rice with a side of salad.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up 1.5 x water.
baby wombok 1/2
lebanese cucumber 1
red capsicum 1/2
beef rump steaks 600g
brown onion 1
sliced mushrooms 200g
garlic 2 cloves
thyme 1/4 packet
sour cream 1/2 tub (100g)
Cornichons 1/2 jar
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, dijon mustard, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar