Gluten friendly option - bread rolls are replaced with GF bread loaf.
2. Pour in tinned cherry tomatoes, 1 tsp oregano and 1 stock cube. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, semi-covered. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Combine 50g butter (see notes), 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley and salt. Slice bread loaf 2/3 deep and smear mixture all over and into the cuts. Wrap in a damp sheet of baking paper and toast in the oven for 7-8 minutes.
4. Toast the almonds in a large, dry pan until golden. Remove from pan and combine with parmesan and remaining finely chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Halve steaks and rub with oil. Reheat frypan over medium-high heat and cook steaks for 3 minutes. Turn over, adding crumb mixture and cook for a further 2 minutes. If you have an ovenproof pan, place in the oven for a further 2 minutes for crumb to turn golden.
6. Trim, rinse and chop spinach. Add to ratatouille, cook until wilted.
Serve steaks with ratatouille sauce and garlic bread.
Grate to soften butter quickly. Butter can be replaced with 2-3 tbsp olive oil if preferred.
Grate zucchini or blend ratatouille prior to adding spinach if kids prefer. Spinach can be served fresh.
Gluten friendly option - bread is replaced with GF bread.
garlic 2 cloves
cherry tomatoes (tin) 400g
parsley 2/3 packet
italian bread loaf 1
flaked almonds 40g
grated parmesan 1/2 bag (63g)
beef rump steaks 600g
English spinach 1 bunch
From your pantry:
butter + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, baking paper, dried oregano, chicken or veg stock cube.