2. Heat a large frypan with butter/oil over medium heat. Slice and add leek, cook for 6-7 minutes or until soft. Season with salt and pepper, add half of the fresh oregano (leaves).
3. In the meantime, chop lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. Toss in a serving bowl. Combine 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp seeded mustard in a bowl. Chop and add chives and remaining oregano.
4. Drain potatoes and return to saucepan, add leek mixture (reserve frypan).
5. Reheat the frypan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with oil, salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
6. Crush/mash potatoes and leek with some butter or milk to desired consistency, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve steaks with garden salad and mash, drizzle with dressing to taste.
Roast potatoes if you prefer!
No beef option - beef rump steaks are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Oregano, 1/2 packet *
Baby Cos lettuce, 1
Lebanese cucumber, 1
Chives, 1/2 bunch *
Beef rump steaks, 600g
FROM YOUR PANTRY
butter / oil for cooking, olive oil, salt, pepper, vinegar (red or white wine), seeded mustard