2. Mash 60g butter with a fork (see notes) and combine with finely chopped rosemary (to taste) and 1 crushed garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Rub steaks with oil, salt and pepper. Heat a pan over high heat and cook beef steaks for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
4. Chop tomatoes, trim and halve snow peas. Toss in a serving bowl with leaves and dress with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tbsp vinegar (optional).
5. Thinly slice spring onions. Add to the potatoes and mash with 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil, butter or milk to desired consistency. Season well with salt and pepper.
6. Serve steaks with a dollop of rosemary butter, mash and salad.
Reserve some cooking water from the potatoes and use instead of olive oil/butter/milk to make a lighter mash.
Grate butter to soften quickly. If you don’t have time to make the rosemary butter, use olive oil and vinegar, turn into a rosemary vinaigrette instead.
No beef option - beef rump steaks are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time as needed to ensure chicken is cooked through.
Rosemary, 1 sprig
Beef Rump steaks, 600g
Snow peas, 1/2 packet (125g) *
Mesclun leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
Spring onions, 1/4 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Butter (60g), oil for cooking, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic (1 clove), vinegar (of choice, optional)