2. Slice onion and add to frypan with sliced mushrooms and more oil/butter if needed. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Dice and add tomatoes.
3. Pour in the gravy and simmer uncovered over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until reduced (stir occasionally). Season with in 1/2-1 soy sauce (to taste).
4. Trim the beans and blanch in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes, remove to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon (reserving the boiling water). Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt .
5. Gradually whisk in polenta to simmering water (should be roughly 1.2L left). Cook over low heat, stirring, until thickened. Take off heat, stir in 2 tbsp olive oil or butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Return scallopini to mushrooms gravy. Serve over polenta alongside green beans. Finish with picked or chopped parsley leaves.
Make sure your frypan is very hot prior to adding scallopini to cook. This is to ensure they brown and do not stew in the pan. Cook in 2 batches.
No beef option - beef scallopini is replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Brown onion, 1
Sliced mushrooms, 1 punnet (200g)
Gravy, 1 pouch (300g)
Green beans, 1 packet (250g)
Instant polenta, 1 tub (250g)
Parsley, 1/2 packet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive oil or butter, salt, pepper, soy sauce