Heat a large deep pan with 2 tbsp butter. Slice and add onion, crushed garlic and sliced mushrooms as you go. Cook until softened.
2. Chop basil leaves. Add half to the pan (reserve remaining) along with tinned tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add ravioli to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes (see notes). Drain and add straight to sauce along with 1/2 cup pasta water.
4. Roughly chop lettuce. Toss in a bowl with 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp vinegar.
5. Add half of the parmesan cheese to the pasta and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide pasta between bowls and top with reserved basil and parmesan to taste. Serve with side salad.
Set a timer to make sure you are not overcooking the pasta. Handle pasta gently to ensure stuffing doesn’t escape the pasta!
Leave lettuce leaves plain if you prefer.
garlic 2 cloves
sliced mushrooms 1 punnet (200g)
basil 1 packet
cherry tomatoes (tin) 400g
Beef ravioli 1 packet (500g)
Baby cos lettuce 1
grated parmesan cheese 1 packet (125g)
From your pantry:
olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, vinegar (of choice)