2. Place panko crumbs onto a plate or piece of baking paper. Season with 1 tsp oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk 1 egg in a medium bowl and add beef scallopini.
3. Heat a large frypan with oil/butter over high heat (see notes). Press scallopini into crumbs to coat then add straight into pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy. Place onto a lined oven tray.
4. Add a spoonful of tomato sugo to steaks and sprinkle over parmesan cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes in the oven or until cheese has melted.
5. Drain and mash potatoes with chopped chives and 1/4 cup milk, butter or olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve beef parmigiana with mash and steamed broccolini.
If you don’t have a steamer basket, you can add straight into potato water, blanch in a separate saucepan or steam in the microwave for 3 minutes!
Cook beef in 2 batches or use 2 frypans. Add more oil if needed.
If you have any leftover parmesan cheese, add to the frypan lasagne (recipe 3).
No beef option - beef scallopini are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Broccolini, 2 bunches
Panko crumbs, 1 packet (100g)
Beef scallopini, 10-pack
Tomato sugo, 1/2 jar (250g) *
Shaved parmesan cheese, 1 packet
Chives, 1/2 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil/butter for cooking, salt, pepper, dried oregano (or Italian herbs), 1 egg, milk (optional)