2. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Rub beef steak with sesame oil, salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate or chopping board to rest.
3. Grate ginger (to yield roughly 1 tbsp) and combine with 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp water. Slice and add white part of the spring onions.
4. Slice cucumber, wedge tomatoes, julienne (or ribbon) carrot and slice green spring onions tops. Crush peanuts. Arrange on a platter with lettuce leaves.
5. Slice beef steak and toss with 2 tbsp of the dressing.
6. Take all ingredients to the table. Allow everyone to assemble their own bowl with noodles, salad ingredients, sliced beef, peanuts and ginger dressing.
Rinse noodles in cold water to prevent them from overcooking. Toss with 1-2 tbsp sesame oil to loosen.
No beef option - beef steak is replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Beef rump steak, 600g
Spring onions, 1/4 bunch *
Continental cucumber, 1/2 *
Peanuts, 1 packet (50g)
Mixed leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Sesame oil , salt, pepper, sweet chilli + soy sauce