Place bulgur into a saucepan and cover with hot water from the kettle. Simmer for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked al dente. Drain and rinse.
2. Thinly slice shallot. Place in a bowl with lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp sugar (or honey). Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
3. Heat a pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Rub koftas with oil and cook, turning, for 8-10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, dice tomatoes, cucumber and radishes. Pick (or chop) parsley leaves. Add to a large serving bowl.
5. Add bulgur and dressing to the salad and toss well to combine (see notes).
6. Serve koftas with tabbouleh salad and pink hummus for dipping (see notes).
Beef koftas 8-pack
Continental cucumber 1/2 *
Radishes 1/3 bunch *
Parsley 1 bunch
Beetroot hummus 1 tub
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
olive + oil for cooking, salt, pepper, sugar (or honey)