2. Add 1 tbsp oil and beef mince to frypan, cook for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add mushrooms, 1 tsp paprika and crumble in stock cube. Pour in crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Cut cauliflower into small florets. Add to boiling water to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until softened. Drain and mash with 40g butter using a potato masher (see notes). Season with salt and pepper. Slice chives and stir through mash.
4. Transfer meat sauce to an oven dish and spread over cauliflower mash. Grill in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until golden.
5. Trim and halve snow peas. Toss with mesclun leaves, remaining chives, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Divide cottage pie between plates and serve with side salad.
For a smoother cauliflower mash you can use a stick mixer.
To save time, serve meat sauce on mash instead of assembling the pie if preferred.
rosemary 1 sprig
Beef mince 600g
Sliced mushrooms 1 punnet (200g)
Crushed tomatoes 400g
chives 1/2 bunch
Snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
mesclun leaves 1 bag (60g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, stock cube (of choice), flour (of choice), smoked paprika, butter