Gluten-friendly option: bread is replaced with GF bread.
2. Trim and thinly slice fennel. Add to pan with shredded cabbage and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in 2 tbsp tomato paste, 3 tsp paprika, 2 tsp oregano, crushed garlic (2 cloves) and 1/4 cup water. Keep cooking over medium-low heat.
3. Slice the top off each bread roll and remove filling. Brush rolls with oil and place on an oven tray. Scrunch leftover bread croutons with 1-2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt (make sure the oil coats the bread). Toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
4. Thinly slice cucumber, tomatoes, and capsicum. Toss in a serving bowl with reserved red onion, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1/2 tsp oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir to combine ricotta with 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Season beef mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the filling into bread boats and serve with salad, croutons (to taste) and ricotta dip.
Add 1 tsp ground cumin to mince mixture for extra flavour.
Gluten friendly option - bread is replaced with GF bread
red onion 1
baby fennel 1
shredded cabbage 1/3 bag
garlic 3 cloves
turkish bread rolls 4-pack
continental cucumber 1/2
green capsicum 1
ricotta cheese 1/2 tub (250g)
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, tomato paste, ground paprika, dried oregano, red wine vinegar