Gluten friendly option - replace with gluten free wraps
2. Dice and add onion and sweet potato to pan, cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, add spice mix. Stir in crushed tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Allow to simmer, semi-covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes.
3. Place rice in a saucepan, cover with x 1.5 amount of water. Cover with a lid, cook on lowest heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove rice from heat and allow to steam for further for 5 minutes, covered.
4. Rinse and thinly shred cos lettuce, dice capsicum and trim snow peas (slice if preferred).
5. Slice beef steaks and add to sauce together with rinsed beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut wraps into quarters.
6. Divide rice, beef mixture and fresh salad greens between plates. Top with sprouts and serve with wraps.
Serve with grated cheese or a dollop of sour cream / natural yoghurt if you like. Serve in wraps if preferred.
brown onion 1/2
sweet potato 1
mexican spice mix 3 tbsp
crushed tomatoes 400g
basmati rice 150g
baby cos lettuce 1
red capsicum 1
snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
black beans 400g
wraps 1 packet
healthy trio sprouts 1/3 punnet
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper