2. Combine 1 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tsp sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Julienne carrots and slice radishes. Deseed and slice cucumber. Slice pear. Add to bowl and toss well with dressing. Set aside.
3. Combine crushed garlic cloves, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Set aside.
4. Heat a frypan over high heat. Rub scallopini with oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute on each side (in batches if needed). Set aside on a plate.
5. Reduce pan heat to medium. Pour sauce into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and return scallopini (with resting juices) to pan to coat (see notes).
6. Divide rice, pickled vegetables and beef bulgogi between plates to serve.
Slice beef scallopini before returning to the sauce if desired.
Finish this dish with toasted sesame seeds if you have any.
radishes 1/2 bunch
Continental cucumber 1/2
Garlic 2 cloves
Beef scallopini 10-pack
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, soy sauce (or tamari), apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, sugar (of choice)