No beef option - beef strips are replaced with chicken stir-fry strips.
2. Combine crushed garlic cloves, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp water and 4 tbsp soy sauce in a bowl. Add beef strips, toss to coat and set aside.
3. Grate or julienne carrots, trim and slice snow peas. Arrange with bean shoots on a serving platter (see notes), leaving some extra space for the cooked mushrooms (step 4).
4. Heat a pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add mushrooms and
stir-fry until softened. Transfer to the serving platter, keep pan over high heat (step 5).
5. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to pan and cook beef (reserve marinade) in 2 batches over high heat for 1-2 minutes, or until browned.
Return all beef and marinade to pan, cook for further 1 minute to warm through.
6. Take everything to the table and assemble your meal with rice, vegetables and beef. Drizzle with pan sauces and season to taste with pepper.
Garlic 2 cloves
Beef Strips 600g
Snow Peas 1/2 packet*
Bean Shoots 1 bag (250g)
Sliced Mushrooms 1 punnet (200g)
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar (of choice), pepper