2. Combine crushed garlic cloves, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp water and 4 tbsp soy sauce in a bowl. Add beef strips, toss to coat and set aside.
3. Slice cucumber and place on one side of a large serving platter.
Trim the ends off enoki mushrooms and separate into smaller bunches. Rinse and cut pak choy into 4cm lengths.
4. Heat a pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add pak choy and stir-fry until softened, transfer to the serving platter, next to the cucumber. Repeat this process with carrots and mushrooms (separately). Keep pan over high heat (step 5).
5. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to pan and cook beef (reserve marinade) in 2 batches over high heat for 1-2 minutes, or until browned.
Return all beef and marinade to pan, cook for further 1 minute to warm through.
6. Take everything to the table to assemble your bibimbap bowl. Start with rice in the middle and surround with meat and vegetables. Drizzle with pan sauces and season to taste with pepper.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
Stretch this dish to feed more people by adding some fried eggs! Also delicious topped with toasted sesame seeds!
Garlic 2 cloves
beef strips 500g
Continental cucumber 1
Enoki mushrooms 1 sleeve
Pak choy 1 bunch
Shredded carrots 1 bag (200g)
From your pantry:
sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar (of choice), pepper