2. Thinly slice shallot and combine with 2 crushed garlic cloves, 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp water, 3 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar and 4 tbsp soy sauce in a bowl. Add beef strips, toss to coat and set aside.
3. Cut carrots and capsicum into thin sticks. Rinse and cut Asian greens into 4cm lengths.
4. Heat a pan over high heat with 1/2 tbsp sesame oil. Add Asian greens and stir fry until softened, transfer to a serving plate. Repeat this process with carrots, and capsicum (separately). Season with salt and pepper to taste as you go.
5. Once vegetables are cooked, add beef (reserve marinade) and cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes, or until browned. Add marinade and cook for a further 1 minute, then remove from heat.
6. Assemble bibimbap bowls with rice in the middle, surrounded by cooked vegetables, bean shoots and beef. Drizzle with pan sauces to serve.
Also delicious with a fried egg and topped with sesame seeds!
Stir fry the bean shoots as well if desired.
beef strips 600g
red capsicum 1
Asian greens 1 bunch
bean shoots 1 bag
From your pantry:
sesame oil, soy sauce, honey (or brown sugar), salt, pepper, garlic (2 cloves), white wine vinegar